Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Hope For Tomorrow

Volume 6: Hope For Tomorrow

For this is my story...

Childhood memories,
filled with nightmares,
not dreams.
Anxiety and depression,
took hold of me.
Living the life
of a wild child,
darkened my world.
For drunken blackouts
soon followed.
Years of lies I believed.
Denial was
my only friend.
Then though,
realized,
that friend
was destroying me.
So, sobered up
to reality.
Starting taking
meds to
calm my mind.
My thoughts.
For then I met,
not just people,
but, heroes.
For they brought
peace into my world.
Was not alone,
battling with my
mental illness.
For my heroes,
Understood,
Did not judge.
Even though,
I will
always stuggle
with my
mental illness.
My heroes.
My SPN family.
Gave me
The strength.
The courage.
And still are.
To always
keep fighting,
There's hope
for tomorrow.

By Lisa Loraine Henderson

This poem is a special dedication to Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles for their Always Keep Fighting Campaign. My Volume 6: Hope For Tomorrow is dedicated to Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles for their Always Keep Fighting Campaign. Also, this poem a special dedication to the cast of the show Supernatural and to my SPN family which I hold you all close to my heart. 💓